[lcdproc] Question: How to connect an LED to GPO of Matrix Orbital.

  • From: linux AT chello.at (Harald Klein)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Question: How to connect an LED to GPO of Matrix Orbital.
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:58:51 +0200

Ethan Dicks wrote:

> --- Matt
> <madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk>
> wrote:
> > David Glaude wrote:
> >
> > | Well, If I remember well, you have a 5V(?) output on those 6(?) GPO.
> > | Now if you connect directly your LED to those pin, you might distroy
> > them.
> > | You may need a resitance in between.
> >
> > How many of us have cases with those stupid Turbo LEDs in them? I've never
> > owned a single PC that has used it apart from to show SCSI activity in one
> > machine.
>
> I had a 486 w/10Mb NIC that had a LAN activity jumper - I wired the turbo
> light up to it...
>
> > Do we think we can attach it to the LCD? :) With a little help...
>
> Is there a standard register to write to?

works with the regular commands.

btw, i attached a led on my gpo (mtx without keypad, has one)
works fine.

Harald

> -ethan
>
> =====
> Even though my old e-mail address is no longer going to
> vanish, please note my new public address:
> erd AT iname.com
>
> The original webpage address is still going away. The
> permanent home is: http://penguincentral.com/
>
> See http://ohio.voyager.net/ for details.

- Never trust a man who can count to 1,023 on his fingers

pub 1024D/A877CBC6 1999-12-28 Harald Klein _linux@chello.at_
sub 4096g/1577CF5F fp = EE17 F2F0 7986 FDC6 F147 B826 3FA1 452A A877
CBC6