[lcdproc] Question: How to connect an LED to GPO of Matrix Orbital.

  • From: erd AT iname.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Question: How to connect an LED to GPO of Matrix Orbital.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:13:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matt
<madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk>
wrote:
> David Glaude wrote:
>
> | Well, If I remember well, you have a 5V(?) output on those 6(?) GPO.
> | Now if you connect directly your LED to those pin, you might distroy them.
> | You may need a resitance in between.
>
> How many of us have cases with those stupid Turbo LEDs in them? I've never
> owned a single PC that has used it apart from to show SCSI activity in one
> machine.

I had a 486 w/10Mb NIC that had a LAN activity jumper - I wired the turbo
light up to it...

> Do we think we can attach it to the LCD? :) With a little help...

Is there a standard register to write to?

-ethan

=====
Even though my old e-mail address is no longer going to
vanish, please note my new public address:
erd AT iname.com

The original webpage address is still going away. The
permanent home is: http://penguincentral.com/

See http://ohio.voyager.net/ for details.