[lcdproc] Question: How to connect an LED to GPO of Matrix Orbital.

  • From: madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk (Matt)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Question: How to connect an LED to GPO of Matrix Orbital.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:20:31 +0100 (BST)

David Glaude wrote:

| Well, If I remember well, you have a 5V(?) output on those 6(?) GPO.
| Now if you connect directly your LED to those pin, you might distroy them.
| You may need a resitance in between.

How many of us have cases with those stupid Turbo LEDs in them? I've never
owned a single PC that has used it apart from to show SCSI activity in one
machine. Do we think we can attach it to the LCD? :) With a little help...

| Basicaly GPO are General Purpose, so you can plug anything (cafe machine,
| ...).

I use my parallel port to control my percolater :)

| But you need to know about electronics. (I DON'T).

I'm not terribly great either. I get a friend to do it all for me, he has
the disclaimer and everything like that :) PlayStations, etc. no
problem...he's even un-soldered the oscillator crystals out of his mobo so
he can overclock them, mad really...

Matt