[lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.

  • From: madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk (Matt)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:27:21 +0100 (BST)

David Glaude wrote:

| Don't forget those GPO(?) General Purpose Output that you have on the Matrix
| Orbital.
| If you find a place to graphicaly show virtual LED,
| then we could test GPO without having to actualy distroy LED
| (I am very good at doing this and very bad at soldering job).

Are those pins just for LEDs? I saw them mentioned in the manual, but I
wasn't sure what you can and can't solder onto them. If they're just for
LEDs, then sure, how hard can it be? :)

| Now why emulate a Matrix Orbital rather than a Cristal(?) LCD?

Purely because I have the manual with all the commands in it for Matrix
Orbital :) I don't own a Crystal Fontz display, but if someone wants to
either send me, or direct me towards the command documentation, I'll
gladly add that to it. Make it a general LCD/VFD display emulator then...

Matt