[lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.

  • From: wwf AT frontierdev.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 07:26:37 -0600

* Matt
(madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk)'s
mailer blew these chunks:
> David Glaude wrote:
>
> Thanks. No wonder my searches for Matrix, Orbital, Mtx, Orb, etc. threw up
> nothing...

Don't feel bad, I couldn't find it either :)

> | Could have been TCP connection with my low-level communication layer ;-)
>
> Blatant plug perhaps? :)

*snicker*

> | PS: It is an ugly hack, mostly because:
> | it use Zut!
> | make a lot of process piping to each other
> | generate a lot of traffic between lcdemu and Zut!
>
> I was going to do it nicely with GDK, Zut! does appear to be a bit of a
> hack.
>
> I still might play with it, I haven't done any GDK stuff yet, so it might
> be a nice little project. I was going to make it so you can at least
> emulate most of the Matrix Orbital displays, LCD/VFD, maybe even with
> keypads :) Could be handy for debugging stuff without breaking your real
> display...

This would be one helluva killer app :) Emulates a display and you can
slap buttons onto the "simulated" display wherever you want 'em.

--
William W. Ferrell, System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759