[lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.

  • From: madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk (Matt)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:19:53 +0100 (BST)

David Glaude wrote:

| >PPS. Where do I find the X Matrix Orbital emulator thingy? I nearly
| >started one last night to cut my teeth on GDK programming, but got tired
| >instead :)
|
| It is called "lcdemu":
| http://www.bingo-ev.de/~pe1724/lcdemu.html

Thanks. No wonder my searches for Matrix, Orbital, Mtx, Orb, etc. threw up
nothing...

| It emulate a Matrix Orbital throught a named pipe.

Yeah, I was going to do it that way as well...

| Could have been TCP connection with my low-level communication layer ;-)

Blatant plug perhaps? :)

| PS: It is an ugly hack, mostly because:
| it use Zut!
| make a lot of process piping to each other
| generate a lot of traffic between lcdemu and Zut!

I was going to do it nicely with GDK, Zut! does appear to be a bit of a
hack.

I still might play with it, I haven't done any GDK stuff yet, so it might
be a nice little project. I was going to make it so you can at least
emulate most of the Matrix Orbital displays, LCD/VFD, maybe even with
keypads :) Could be handy for debugging stuff without breaking your real
display...

Thanks again

Matt