[lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.

  • From: dglaude AT netbrain.be (David Glaude)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:05:59 +0200

Maybe this should be pointed in the LCDproc HomePage.

>PPS. Where do I find the X Matrix Orbital emulator thingy? I nearly
>started one last night to cut my teeth on GDK programming, but got tired
>instead :)

It is called "lcdemu":
http://www.bingo-ev.de/~pe1724/lcdemu.html

It has been writen by Piotr Esden-Tempski:
weasel AT bingo-ev.de

It emulate a Matrix Orbital throught a named pipe.
Could have been TCP connection with my low-level communication layer ;-)

It require Zut!:
http://www.math.mcgill.ca/~loisel/zut/zut.html

David GLAUDE

PS: It is an ugly hack, mostly because:
it use Zut!
make a lot of process piping to each other
generate a lot of traffic between lcdemu and Zut!

However it give a very nice output on an X11 screen.

PPS: I haven't tested the last version so things may have changed since.