[lcdproc] Flicker problem with LCDd

  • From: wwf AT frontierdev.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Flicker problem with LCDd
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:32:06 -0600

* James Van't Slot
(james AT hydromanagement.com)'s
mailer blew these chunks:
> tinic AT tinic.net
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:38:25AM -0700, James Van't Slot wrote:
> >
> > > I replaced the existing code in server/drivers/MtxOrb.c with the code
> > > you
> > > included. Did a make clean and then make and make install and the
> > > problem is
> > > still the same. Is there anything I missed?
> >
> > That should make it. There is perhaps another problem.
> >
> > Look for this section in MtxOrb.c:
> >
> > MtxOrb_linewrap(1);
> > MtxOrb_autoscroll(1);
> > MtxOrb_cursorblink(0);
> >
> > and set it to:
> >
> > MtxOrb_linewrap(0);
> > MtxOrb_autoscroll(0);
> > MtxOrb_cursorblink(0);
> >
> > I had problems when using a 25x2 display,
> > so I also had to change that.
> >
> > greets
> >
> > TINIC
>
> Tinic,
> That helped, The flicker is now reduced to just the first 11 characters of
> the
> first line. There must be something being written that immediately gets
> over-written.
> Can't seem to find it though... any other suggestions?
> james

I'll have a look. What screen order are you running through? And does
this happen on every screen or just one?

--
William W. Ferrell, System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

You never hesitate to tackle the most difficult problems.