[LCDproc] Intro and current status Q?

  • From: madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk (Matt)
  • Subject: [LCDproc] Intro and current status Q?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:52:56 +0100 (BST)

William W. Ferrell wrote:

| So far I've just been taking my first stab at documenting the protocol.
| New doubly-linked list code is finished, just need to make it a library,
| and the socket code is close to finished. Again, it will become a
| library. I think we're not gonna need a "shared" directory anymore --
| anything that's shared between client and server is going to be stuffed
| into a library. Sound good, anyone?

Hmm, I've been trying to figure out what uses the libraries where and I've
come up with the following diagram which hopefully explains how I envisage
it:

LCDproc
/ \
Server Client
/ \ / / | \ \
Output Input C #1 C #2 C #X Perl #1 Perl #X
MtxOrb CFontz hd44780 Joystick IrMan libLCDclient.so LCDclient.pm
\ \ | / /
libLCDdrivers.so

So unless we need double-linked lists in the driver code, it can probably
stay in the server code, same for socket stuff, although you would want
the socket code in the client lib for the C clients anyway.

Does this seem reasonable?

Matt