[lcdproc] LCDProc on PS2 / USB ?

  • From: wwf AT frontierdev.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCDProc on PS2 / USB ?
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 07:39:00 -0600

* Chris R.
(chris AT cian.net)'s
mailer blew these chunks:
> Hi,
> I am wondering if there are any plans to port LCDProc to run via PS2 / USB
> connections?
> If not, would anyone out there be willing to attempt this feat for payment
> (code of course going back into the 'pot')?
>
> The intended target platform is FreeBSD 3.xx / 4.xx and the purpose is to
> keep the LCD wiring fully within an ATX case i.e., not having to go outside
> to use the external com port connections.

Well, the rewrite of LCDproc (v0.5-to-be) should make drivers a bit
easier to implement. Although honestly there's probably not much
stopping someone from building a driver for v0.4-pre9.

The other question is whether there's any LCDs that can attach to a USB
hub or a PS/2 connection... I haven't heard of any of these, but I
probably missed something :)

--
William W. Ferrell, System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

Love isn't only blind, it's also deaf, dumb, and stupid.