[lcdproc] Hardware problems

  • From: vins AT peoplecall.com (Vins)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Hardware problems
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:17:05 +0200

I bought an Optrex DMC-20481 (Hitachi's HD-44780 compatible). I've tried the
schematic in LCDproc web and it doesn't work. I reviewed it several times,
added some changes and still not working :(

In another web, there's another schematic with an 8 bit interface (the eight
data lines on the parallel port goes to the eight data lines on the
LCD-driver (EN, RS and RW signals are reached through parallel's control
port ($379).

Both 4bit and 8bit interface, when I power the circuit and turn on the LCD,
only 2 lines (first and third) are lighten. It seems only one HD44780 driver
is being used (DMC20481 have 2 HD44780).

where can I found a good schematic? how can I access to the second
controller?

Thanx