[lcdproc] lcd drivers in kernel

  • From: runge AT rostock.zgdv.de (Thomas Runge)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] lcd drivers in kernel
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:04:53 +0200

Thomas Ko wrote:

> How about moving the lcd-drivers into the kernel?

Well, let's keep it simple.

Don't forget, that there are more platforms out there then
just Linux. And kernel drivers are hard (if at all) to
"port" over. It's almost always a complete rewrite, which
is hard to do for unexperienced developers.

So, we would loose our crossplatform character.

My vote: NO.

--
Tom