[lcdproc] Need Trisys SIM support

  • From: frank AT neocontechnologies.com (Frank)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Need Trisys SIM support
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:11:21 -0400

Hello everyone.

I posted on the web site (in sloppy form) a request for some info on how to
implement code to the LCDProc for a Serial Interface Module I purchased for
my 4x20 Optrex LCD (using hd44780 controller).

The Serial Interface Controller (SIM) is made by Trisys and distributed by
Jameco electronics (www.Jameco.com) for $19.95 each.

The SIM connects to the LCD module so that I can connect via Com port rather
that the cumbersome LPT port. I say cumbersome because of the wires and
variance of port speed tuning required. The Trisys seems to be the
equivalent of the MatrixOrbital and the CrystalFonts but it does not have the
Software based contrast and backlite controls. IT isn't a bad add-on for
those with just an LCD based with a HD44780 on it and are looking to go the
serial path.

So. If anyone can give me leads on programming tips for this hardware to
work with LCDProc, let me know.

BTW: Jameco has a very verbose spec sheet that they can fax to you with
escape codes, wiring diagrams, etc...

Thank you in advance for any effort.

Peace,
Frank Durante