[lcdproc] problem with contrast

  • From: osowski AT bigfoot.com (osowski AT bigfoot.com)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] problem with contrast
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:35:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Aaron Solochek wrote:

> screen is at. the problem is I envoke LCDd with the following "LCDd -d
> MtxOrb "--contrast 200" " Getting a script to include that quoted
> --contrast statement has prooven quite difficult. I was wondering what
> I can change to fix that? Is there another way to change the contrast?

> if [ -n "$contrast" ]; then cmdlnd="$cmdlnd \"--contrast\ 200\" "; fi

Well, first of all, are you sure that $contrast is getting set? If
$contrast doesn't get set, then cmdlnd="$cmdlnd \"--contrast\
200\" " won't get run, so the contrast won't get set. The -n will test
false if $contrast is a zero-length string.

Try adding a $contrast="foo" just before that part.

Also, I don't think it's related to the problem, but I don't think you
need the '\' before a space in a quoted string. When I tried it, the
backslash got included in the string.

--
Dale Osowski
osowski AT bigfoot.com