[lcdproc] -pre9 segfault problem

  • From: dp-web2 AT dpotter.com (David Potter)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] -pre9 segfault problem
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:47:27 -0700

I'm not sure who I should be emailing bug reports to nowadays... my
prior mails have gone unanswered.

My name is David Potter, and I'm the author of the IRMP3 application,
which uses LCDProc for both keypad input and display output.

I have an error report which cropped up with -pre9. When a user of my
application issues the STOP command (which should have no adverse effect
on LCDProc), LCDProc promptly segfaults. I haven't examined the -pre9
code to determine why, but this does not
occur on earlier versions (nor does it seem to occur with any other
IRMP3 commands).

If I can be of any assistance troubleshooting this problem, please let
me know. If you like, I can give you detailed instructions to duplicate
this error.

Thank you,
David Potter