[lcdproc] some comments

  • From: urc8 AT rz.uni-karlsruhe.de (Lutz Müller)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] some comments
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:43:16 +0000

Hi!

I am new to the list and (since two days) a owner of a MatrixOrbital display
that I bought after having discovered your web-site.

Some comments (please excuse if I touch upon already discussed topics, as
there is no archive of the mailing list on the web):

(1) Version 0.3.5 uses GNU's autoconf tools. Have you considered those tools
for the 0.4.* versions? For example, I had problems configuring the 0.4-pre9
package to use /usr instead of /usr/local. Simply editing Makefile.config
does _not_ work.

(2) Have you considered using libpopt? Command line parsing could be so
easy...

I haven't tried to get the display up and running, as I first have to buy a
cable... Just couldn't resist to ask above two questions :-)

Thank you!
--

Lutz Müller

| Hans-Sachs-Straße 5 +49 7156 958608 |