[lcdproc] Optrex DMC40457 4x40 LCD

  • From: gimp AT nathan.desert.net (gimp AT retards.org)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Optrex DMC40457 4x40 LCD
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:41:42 -0700 (MST)

I subscribed to this mailing list yesterday, requested a bunch of ole
emails, read them, and I think I'm more confused than when I started.

I have an Optrex DMC40457 4x40 LCD. This is one of those LCDs that has
two HD44780 chips on it, so it has two control lines and acts like 2 2x40
screens. It has 16 pins on onw side (only 15 are used) and two power pins
on the other (I'm not sure which is pos or ground).

I read that people were hooking their LCDs up to the printer port or the
serial port. Is this right? How do I know which one to use, and where to
I go to learn what pins on my LCD go to what pins on the port I need to
use?

Has anyone tried this LCD? It was given to me by someone who had it given
to them by someone that told them it would work with LCDproc :)

Anyone gotten LCDproc running on FreeBSD?

Thanks a lot,
Nathanial Hendler
Tucson, AZ