[lcdproc] ok, got lcdproc working

  • From: aarons AT andrew.cmu.edu (Aaron Solochek)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] ok, got lcdproc working
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:13:31 -0500

Well, I got lcdproc work, 0.3.5 works perfectly, but I have strange
display issues with 0.4-pre9. When I run

LCDd -d MtxOrb "--device /dev/lcd --contrast 200

I get the display that says LCDproc Server at the top, but the bottom
left corner has an N, followed by some flashing hearts. It seems that
it doesn't know exactly how big the display is or something, but when I
telnet to localhost 13666 and type hello I get

connect LCDproc 0.4-pre9 lcd wid 20 hgt 4 cellwid 5 cellhgt 8

Which suggests that it has the correct dimensions. I also can see that
there is a 0 ghosting behind the 1 on the Clients: line. It is not
redrawing the display from the same line each time, what can fix this?

-Aaron Solochek

leko AT cmu.edu