[lcdproc] anyone know what this i/o error is?

  • From: aarons AT andrew.cmu.edu (Aaron Solochek)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] anyone know what this i/o error is?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:56:58 -0500

I've been using lcdproc for over a year now, but when I recently
reinstalled my system (was debian potato, now is debian potato) I can't
get any version of lcdproc to work. I get

leko:/usr/local/bin#./LCDd -t 20x4 -d MtxOrb -b on
MtxOrb_init: failed (Input/output error)
Error loading driver MtxOrb. Continuing anyway...

I have tried both serial ports, and neither works. And I know its 1
anyways, since my UPS is 0. This is really frustrating, since I came to
depend on the lcd for lots of info.

-Aaron Solochek

leko AT cmu.edu