[lcdproc] newbie question: 0.4 screen blinking

  • From: soto AT dircon.co.uk (Damian Soto)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] newbie question: 0.4 screen blinking
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:54:13 -0500

Hi,

I have just installed LCDproc (lcdproc-0.4-pre9), with MatrixOrbital's
LK204-25.

Things work; Text is printed on the screen.

With the server text gets redrawn too quickly. Text is flashing
constantly.
LCDd -d MtxOrb
same happens with LCDd -d curses

The LCD module is set to 19200 baud. (j1&j2)
Once I kill the server the text, on the text:
Thanks for using LCDproc and Linux!
appears beautifully.

$ echo abcdef > /dev/lcd does the right thing.
# ls -l /dev/lcd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Mar 20 18:36 /dev/lcd ->
/dev/ttyS0

This is probably a FAQ. I have not found any info on your website.

Also is there an archive of the list available on the web?

Any suggestion/help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Damian