[lcdproc] CFontz and SPI

  • From: andrew.mcmeikan AT mitswa.com.au (McMeikan, Andrew)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] CFontz and SPI
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:35:48 +0800

I made an attempt at a small utility that would read stdin and spit it out
the parallel port to suit an SPI connection.

Sean has been testing and it has reached the point where it works but has
some small problems.
1. a time lag between lcdproc sending and the display displaying.
2. named pipe buffering causing the above also disrupts any big delays
from the driver causing missing of some chars.

This means that to support SPI the CFontz driver WILL need modifying. This
could be good as it can be an opportunity to include display tiling like in
the hd44780 driver. Its also bad because I am a lousy coder.

Could someone who knows the CFontz driver well (who is maintaining it??)
speak up before I start mangling things.

for those interested the current SPI code is lurking on my LCD page.

cya, Andrew...

http://www.opendesign.cx