[lcdproc] LCD ui

  • From: linux AT chello.at (Harald Klein)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCD ui
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 22:49:37 +0000

Scott Scriven wrote:

> * Harald Klein
> <linux AT chello.at>
> wrote:
> > ps: any suggestions for the new lcd ui ?
>
> I haven't seen the lcd ui for a few months, but I can describe
> what I'd like it to be.. :)
>
> A possible screen layout:
> +--------------------+
> |Songname............|
> |Album...............|
> |Artist..............|
> |00:00 100% 100% PLAY|
> +--------------------+
> time pos vol play_status

the first 3 lines are exactly what you want :)

> - time display toggles between Current, Remain, Total

should be no prob..

> It'd be nice to have the following key-input controls:
> - Next song
> - Prev song

done

> - Forward by 5%
> - Back by 5%

in developement

> - Vol up by 2% (optional)
> - Vol down by 2% (optional)

good idea, ill see

> - Random mode (on / off)

done (shuffle button)

> - Repeat mode (none / one / all)

nice

> - Menu

hmm, i wanted to wait for server menus... but ill see

> - Playlist

hmm (:)

> - Mode (switch to spectrum analyzer, or a different screen
> layout...)

yep.. but freeamp has no built in analyzer imho...

> In the menus, there would be various config options, such as...
> - All play controls (random, repeat, next song, volume, etc...)
> - Time display mode (Current, Remain, Total)
> - Perhaps options about how to lay out the screen?
>
> And in the playlist, it would probably look much like a menu,
> except that selecting an item would "grab" it and you could
> move it up/down until you "drop" it. Or perhaps there would be
> two controls: one for "play this song now" and one for "grab
> this song". I guess others would be handy too, such as "remove
> from playlist" and "add to playlist". That last one would
> require a decent file browser.
>
> Something which would be uber-cool (but difficult!) is to give
> the playlist a mode where it "intelligently" chooses what file
> to play next. I've discussed this a bit on the freeamp list
> already, if you want to try it. Basically, it would choose a
> song based on a few criteria (what do you like, which songs go
> together well, what haven't you heard in a while, and which
> songs are the newest).
>
> Anyway, happy coding! :)

yep :)

Theres another guy who wants to contribute, we will see...

Harald

ps: any other suggestions out there ?

> _ _ _ _ ___ ___ ---"I don't get even - I just get odder."---
> ( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
> mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com
> |
> / \ / / //_ //_ | irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net |
> (_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |

-- Henry Spencer
pub 1024D/A877CBC6 1999-12-28 Harald Klein _linux@chello.at_
sub 4096g/1577CF5F fp = EE17 F2F0 7986 FDC6 F147 B826 3FA1 452A A877
CBC6