[lcdproc] caller id

  • From: Scott Scriven <toykeeper AT cheerful.com> (Scott Scriven)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] caller id
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:27:00 -0700

* Bjoern Buerger
<b.buerger AT tu-bs.de>
wrote:
> > Has anyone made a caller ID client to display a caller (or list of called)
> > on the LCD?
>
> That would be a very nice extension :-)
>
> I don´t know the new Client-Server
> protocol very well, would it be possible to override the
> currently displayed client with a caller-id client *immediately*
> in case of incoming calls ?

Yes, it can. It just needs to set the priority of its screen
to be higher than normal, and it will pop up as soon as the
current screen is done.

Eventually, I had planned to make certain priority levels pop
up immediately, but it's not implemented yet. So, the best it
can do so far is to put the important screen next in the
screenlist.

_ _ _ _ ___ ___ ---"I don't get even - I just get odder."---
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

/ \ / / //_ //_ | irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net |
(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |