[lcdproc] WG: [lcdproc] lcdproc server incredibly slow

  • From: EHE AT CompuGROUP.COM (EHE AT CompuGROUP.COM)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] WG: [lcdproc] lcdproc server incredibly slow
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:06:03 +0100

> > Mario Goegel
> > <m.goegel AT gmx.de>
> > has done some work on a kernel driver
> > that uses /dev. He also mentioned that he was working on a T6963
> > driver a couple of months ago. Perhaps you can collaborate :-).
>
> i wrote it, but it doesn't work :-(
> I don't know, where the problem is - my display or driver...
>
> It would be great, if someone get it working...

I've only done some text,graphic and keypad test programs with borland
pascal under DOS.
Should be no problem to port it to a kernel module. I've done exactly the
same for the HD44780
lcd/keypad.
The only problem is that I've got only 128x128 pixel displays, so I cannot
test the settings for
other sizes. Setting the correct values for text and graphics memory is very
tricky.
It took a lot of time to work this out.

cu
Erik