[lcdproc] lcdproc server incredibly slow

  • From: tse AT morphine.apac.nokia.com (Benjamin Tse)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] lcdproc server incredibly slow
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:32:42 +1100

There's an improved one at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hardware/6677/hd44780/modular-driver.html

It supports different ways of connecting HD44780 displays in a cleaner
fashion and the ability to use more than one HD44780. There's even a
pre-compiled binary for the lazy.

It can cope with 8 fps at the expense of CPU speed. A 16x2 display
consumes ~5% of CPU when the whole display needs to be updated. This
only happens in the CPU screen of lcdproc. The other screens use a
modest 1-2% of CPU.

Cheers,
Ben