[lcdproc] 0.4pre9 lcdproc client problem?

  • From: Scott Scriven <toykeeper AT cheerful.com> (Scott Scriven)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] 0.4pre9 lcdproc client problem?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:03:35 -0700

* Richard Rognlie
<rrognlie AT gamerz.net>
wrote:
> > > Well, I finally broke down and started playing with the 0.4 tree, and
> > > immediately had a problem...
> >
> > It produces output on the display, yes?
> So, something is closing the connection to the LCDd (I think).

Yes, I think I understand what was happening, and why the new
driver fixed it. The server closes connections from clients
who talk too much, and the slow driver prevents the server from
checking the connections very often. So, requests from lcdproc
build up until the server closes the connection.

One of the things which still needs to be done is to split the
server into several threads, so one thread can monitor
connections and another talks to the drivers.

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

/ \ / / //_ //_ | irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net |
(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |