[lcdproc] 0.4pre9 lcdproc client problem?

  • From: rrognlie AT gamerz.net (Richard Rognlie)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] 0.4pre9 lcdproc client problem?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:47:19 -0500

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 08:12:24PM +0000, Michel J. Vos wrote:
> Richard Rognlie wrote:
> >
> > Well, I finally broke down and started playing with the 0.4 tree, and
> > immediately had a problem...
> >
> > I'm running 'LCDd -d HD44780' And that seems to be ok.
> >
> > but if I run the lcdproc client, it mysteriously dies...
> >
> > I'm running a Redhat 6.0 based Linux system. Anyone else seeing this
>
> Yes, I did. Just download the new hd44780.c from Andrews page, and
> replace the one that comes with the LCD distro with this one. This
> probably fixed your problems.
>
> Andrews page: http://members.xoom.com/andrewmuck/LCD.htm

Indeed... that fixed it, and made it much faster... 8^)

Now to start playing with a GIF driver again... (Of course, I accidently
deleted my 0.3.4 version last night... and can't find a backup)

Anyone have a old copy of the 0.3.4 with my GIF hacks in it floating
around somewhere?

Richard

--
/ \__ | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Consultant / Sendmail, Inc.
\__/ \ | URL: http://www.gamerz.net/rrognlie/