[lcdproc] 0.4pre9 lcdproc client problem?

  • From: willfe AT yahoo.com (William Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] 0.4pre9 lcdproc client problem?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:38:30 -0800 (PST)

--- Richard Rognlie
<rrognlie AT gamerz.net>
wrote:
> Well, I finally broke down and started playing with the 0.4 tree, and
> immediately had a problem...
>
> I'm running 'LCDd -d HD44780' And that seems to be ok.

It produces output on the display, yes?

> but if I run the lcdproc client, it mysteriously dies...

Er, weird. No coredump and no errors? Definite oddness.

> I'm running a Redhat 6.0 based Linux system. Anyone else seeing this
> behaviour?

The most recent LCDproc (all of v0.4 and much of v0.3) was written on a
Debian system (2.0, then 2.1, and now 2.2-unstable :), but LCDproc
shouldn't be using much of anything along the lines of libraries and such.
Should just be standard C and a couple others.

Odd. I'm afraid I'm not very good at debugging yet (debugging as in using
the GNU debugger and tracing stacks and other such things :), but I'll try
to help out as much as I can. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

=====
Friends help you move, but real friends help you move bodies.