[lcdproc] 4 * 40 LCDisplay supported??

  • From: Scott Scriven <toykeeper AT cheerful.com> (Scott Scriven)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] 4 * 40 LCDisplay supported??
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:21:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Sven L=FCbke wrote:

> I plan to buy a 4 * 40 char LCDisplay (not a Matrix Orbital
> one) with a HD44780 chip onboard. I heard that these displays
> have two "E" pins. Is this display suppoerted by LCDProc?? If
> no, what will happen if I only connect the one E pin first??
> Is it possible to support these displays in the future?? Thanx
> for answering questions...

The 40x4 HD44780 displays are not supported. They will be, as
soon as someone writes a driver which can handle it, though.
The screen is split in half, with a separate controller for
each half. This makes things somewhat complex; and the display
is generally slow anyway.

On the bright side, I just added support for arbitrary display
sizes. Not everything works well on strange sizes, but the
server at least knows a little about how to deal with it.

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

/ \ / / //_ //_ | irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net |
(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |