[lcdproc] PIDs

  • From: maestro AT maesoft.net (maestro AT maesoft.net)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] PIDs
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 22:21:32 +1900 (EST)

Just started looking at the code today, (just ordered my CrystalFontz display
yesterday).

I'm a big fan of logging stuff to syslog, so I started by adding "Starting."
and "Exiting."
log entries and noticed that when LCDd starts it has a PID of say 10000, I
dont see any
processes running with that id, they are always the starting process + 1.

What's up with this? Is it something with how it forks itself?