[lcdproc] newbie hd44780

  • From: brent AT crystalfontz.com (Brent Crosby)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] newbie hd44780
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:56:39 -0700

Ronald:

Go to the Crystalfontz web site:

http:\\www.crystalfontz.com

Then click "links", and scroll down to the "Interfacing the PC" link, and
then click into it.

That site has an example of connecting a 2x16 to the parallel port. With
this to guide you and the LCDproc parallel port pinout {hopefully some else
on the list will supply that :) } you should be able to do it yourself.

Basically it comes down to making a custom cable. Here is a hint: Start
with a working printer cable, cut off the printer end then strip and trace
the wires with an ohm meter to the pins on the PC end, then solder the
correct wires to the LCD.

At 02:44 PM 7/28/99 , you wrote:
>hi all...
>
>I've written an email like this one before...but i'll try ones more :)
>
>I am a real newbie/rookie/dombo whatever you like to call me :)
>
>My question is as follows....
>
>I have a whole bunch of hd4470 lcd's and would like to use them with lcd
>proc.
>now, the problem is that I just don't know anything from electronics etc.
>I still can't figure out how to connect these lcd's to the par-port and how
>to configure lcdproc to use them.
>
>If there is someone who would do this work for me, I can get him (or her) a
>couple of those lcd's for free in return.
>
>Please mail me if you would help me out.
>
>Ronald
>ronabrak AT kabelfoon.nl

Sincerely,
Brent A. Crosby

| Brent A. Crosby
| Crystalfontz America, Incorporated
| 15611 East Washington Road
| Valleyford, WA 99036
| voice (509) 291-3514 facsimile (509) 291-3345
| http://www.crystalfontz.com
brent AT crystalfontz.com