[lcdproc] HD44780 Vs Mtrx Orbital Displays

  • From: ICETEA1 AT GMX.NET (Marco Neubauer)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780 Vs Mtrx Orbital Displays
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:45:44 +0100

Nico Coesel schrieb:

> At 01:35 20-07-99 -0400, you wrote:
> >I've been sitting here looking at my lcdproc dispay (HD44780) trying to
> figure out >why the redraw of the screen is aprox 2 seconds. You can
> actually watch as it puts >down each character one by one. I was wondering
> if someone could tell me if the >display updates on a Mtrx Orb are any
> faster. I'd appreciate any help...

You can also edit the driver so that it uses 8-bit data transfer.
This doubles the redraw speed. And it also solves another problem. My
display gets trashed with random symbols from time to time, when i use
the 4-bit mode.

Marco Neubauer

--

- Power is nothing without control...LINUX

ICETEA1 AT GMX.NET
ICQ:12918737 HTTP://COME.TO/ICETEA |