[lcdproc] HD44780 Vs Mtrx Orbital Displays

  • From: nctnico AT cistron.nl (Nico Coesel)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780 Vs Mtrx Orbital Displays
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:52:02 +0200

At 01:35 20-07-99 -0400, you wrote:
>I've been sitting here looking at my lcdproc dispay (HD44780) trying to
figure out >why the redraw of the screen is aprox 2 seconds. You can
actually watch as it puts >down each character one by one. I was wondering
if someone could tell me if the >display updates on a Mtrx Orb are any
faster. I'd appreciate any help...

This is a problem with the driver. The drivers inserts delays with an
undefined length between I/O operations. This is not necessary, except for
the initialisation procedure, all the delays can be removed. If some delay
is needed (this can depend upon motherboard design) it's best to repeat the
I/O operation to add a little delay instead of using a system call.

Nico Coesel