[lcdproc] Good news....

  • From: raja AT linuxfreak.com (Nitin Raja Bhatia)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Good news....
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:09:03 -0400

Hello everyone..........

I would just like to tell you all that I won Best in Fair at the
Northwestern Ontario Regional Science Fair and as the winner of the
regional fair, I was selected to go to the Canada-Wide Science Fair. At
the Canada-wide fair, I cam first in my division and I also won the
Intel Computing Award.

My project was linux server daemon, entitled eHOME, that allows you to
control all you lights and appliances from anywhere in the world through
the internet. I used a wonderful Matrix Orbital LCD display and run LCDd
daemon with specialized clients that displayed status of lights and
appliances as well as i.p/hostname of client computers using eHOME. I
also had another client that would grab text from a file and place it on
the screen...... I then had a cgi to create a text file from the
contents of a html box.... Instant Messaging via LCD screen (i am making
this work with ultramode.txt from Slashdot to get ./ headlines).

Thanks goes out to Rob Hansen and the rest of the Matrix Orbital crew
for helping me out with my project as well as the LCDproc team for
creating LCDproc!

Thanks a bunch,
Nitin Bhatia