[lcdproc] Sort of on topic: LCDd & Add-in Serial Cards

  • From: insane AT netset.com (MishtaEcks)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Sort of on topic: LCDd & Add-in Serial Cards
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 01:27:10 -0400 (EDT)

I realize this isn't wholly on topic, but I figured that among all of the
Matrix Orbital users out there, someone else must have run into the same
problem, so I hope no one takes offense that I post this here.

I only have 2 serial ports on-board, but 3 neccesary devices, a modem,
mouse, and my matrix orbital of course. I purchased a MultiTech
Intelligent Serial Interface Model ISI551 ISA 1 port serial card. I had a
heck of a time getting it installed, until I figured out that I needed
shared interrupts turned on in the linux kernel (2.2 series).

All seemed to go well (I thought I saw the mouse and the LCD both working
at the same time), until I just noticed about 10 minutes ago that my
LCD wasn't updating. I killed LCDd and my clients off, and restarted them,
but no updating is occuring.

Here's my layout:

ttyS0 [0x3f8 on irq 4] : Matrix Orbital
ttyS1 [0x2f8 on irq 3] : Modem
ttyS2 [0x3e8 on irq 4] : Mouse

I noticed when I launch LCDd that it doesn't seem to fork off correctly,
as I have to control-c out of it, and even then it doesn't refresh the
display. Launching clients doesn't seem to have any effect on the actual
display.

I can jumper my card to irq 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, or 15, and use just
about any IO space I want via 8 dip switches.

Can anyone shed any light on my problem? Personal e-mail replies are fine
if this traffic is annoying to list members.

-+-+-
The perfection of innocence, indeed, is madness. - Arthur Miller
PGP Key Available - Mail Me w/Subject 'send pgpkey'
Key Fingerprint Follows E5AE 6F83 9020 6C9A 3359 5437 ADCE 1BD5