[lcdproc] Custom Display Screen Specification?

  • From: mai3116 AT ritvax.isc.rit.edu (m)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Custom Display Screen Specification?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:45:02 -0400

>Unfortunately, this is not possible. You may have a total of only 8
>custom characters at a time on the screen.
>
>Here is the good news, It will be possible and more within the next
>little while in the 4x20 size. I cannot make any promises, but it
>should be less than 8 weeks. The module will be called GLC12232.
>
>Rob Hansen

But, if I display the array holding the screen incrementally, that is...
after every 8 custom characters, reload another portion of the array into the
8 custom characters and display them on the screen, the first 8 characters
will remain on the screen, and the next 8 characters will go right next to
it, right? We don't need to have 8 custom characters on the screen
concurrently.