[lcdproc] Custom Display Screen Specification?

  • From: mai3116 AT ritvax.isc.rit.edu (m)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Custom Display Screen Specification?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:44:38 -0400

I might be ambitious enough to try this. To actually have control over every
single pixel in a display and to do simple animations like sprites.

This is how I was thinking to implement the design. Have a two dimensional
array with cols being the ammount of pixels going accross, and rows being the
amount of pixels going down. Then, when it comes to outputing the characters,
you can simply take a 8x5 chunk of the array, load it into a MO custom
character, and output it to the screen.

This can lead to custom fonts, and animations like the ones that can be see
on the LED signs.

Any comments, or suggestions?