[lcdproc] LCDd on irix

  • From: scriven AT CS.colostate.edu (Scott Scriven)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCDd on irix
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:28:16 -0600

luzian scherrer wrote:
> i'm trying to build LCDd on irix which now works more or less. i came across
> a rather strange problem:

I've never attempted to use the MtxOrb driver in IRIX. However, it compiles
fine for me. The difference is that I'm using gcc instead of sgi's cc. I
have no idea what cc is doing wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if the
compiler is the source of the problem.

There's a good chance that you could use "(char)(254)" instead of "0xfe",
since the compiler might always parse decimal numbers as regular integers.
(oops!)

> fyi:
> os: IRIX 6.5.2f
> cc: MipsPro 7.2.1

You can get gcc-2.8 as a tardist from sgi's site, or on its freeware disc.
If you "ln -s /usr/local /usr/freeware", it should be easy to install and
use the nifty GPL'd tools sgi supports.

BTW, does the MtxOrb driver (and the LCD's) actually work in irix? I have
only used the curses driver on non-linux machines.

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

/ \ / / //_ //_ | irc:serdevian.dyn.omnipotent.net |
(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |