[lcdproc] lcdproc 0.4-pre5 client problem...

  • From: dglaude AT comtech.be (David Glaude)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] lcdproc 0.4-pre5 client problem...
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:13:07 +0200

Well,
I don't know much about your problem but:
1) Your client receave a signal because you try to write in a "Broken
Pipe".
2) This mean the connection to the server has some kind of problem.
3) You could get more info by checking errno(?) when you receave a -1.
4) Now I don't know why you get this signal but you could either ignore
or handle this signal,
check the LCDd server code where signal are ignored to avoid dieing.
5) The only solution your client will have, if the pipe is
closed/broken, is to open a new
pipe.
6) There is a problem in the server code, the signal seems to be handled
so we don't die.
But the broken pipe is not detected and the server continue to try to
write in it.
The server should forget about that client and stop writing there...
7) Why is this pipe broken???
Is it a local TCP connection (not across a network)?
Can you repeat the same bug again and again?
Can you reduce your client to the minimum piece of code making the
bug?

Well, I hope it help.

David GLAUDE

Personnal favor:
can you tell us more about your "web-interfaced mp3 jukebox"
and the think you want to display with your client.

By the way, if someone need to troubleshot the server,
he may need your client to reproduce the bug.

PS: I don't have the time right know, but I am interested. ;-)