[lcdproc] lcdproc 0.4-pre5 client problem...

  • From: gandalf AT szene.ch (gandalf)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] lcdproc 0.4-pre5 client problem...
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:49:06 +0200

hi all

together with a friend, i'm currently trying to write an "lcd client" (i
love the lcdproc 0.4 client/server model!) for my web-interfaced mp3
jukebox. i got 2 client programs which manage to get some stuff displayed,
everything looks very nice, but after some while, the clients tend to crash
for no apparent reason... this is an strace of a client just when it dies:

close(4) = 0
munmap(0x4000e000, 4096) = 0
write(3, "widget_set mp3lcd mp3-1 1 2 20 3 h 1 "..., 39) = 39
write(3, "widget_set mp3lcd mp3-2 1 3 40 4 h 1 "..., 49) = -1 EPIPE (Broken
pipe)
--- SIGPIPE (Broken pipe) ---
+++ killed by SIGPIPE +++
root@mir:/home/gandalf > sock_send_string: socket write error: Broken pipe
Message was: listen mp3lcd

sock_send_string: socket write error: Broken pipe
Message was: ignore mp3lcd

sock_send_string: socket write error: Broken pipe
Message was: listen mp3lcd

these messages keep repeating and seem to be coming from LCDd...
LCDd is also still displaying the screen the client created, but of course
it is not updated any longer...

i'm using bleeding-edge scroller features and stuff, so the problem might
be there...
but since i'm a bit new to programming, i'm really a bit at a loss here, my
program seems to work fine, i really can't tell what causes these crashes...

we looked through the code of the example clients and the lcdproc client
and can't really find much differences in the way we talk to LCDd
has anyone seen anything like this before? ;)

gandalf