[lcdproc] Why does my lcd go dim ?

  • From: scriven AT CS.ColoState.edu (Scott Scriven)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Why does my lcd go dim ?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:11:57 -0600

Greg Cox wrote:
> Why does my lcd go dim sometimes? ? ??

If it just flickers, you probably need to either disable the APM
cpu-halting, or get a 12V model LCD. Turning the cpu on and off
generates power spikes which the LCD is sensitive to.

If it shuts off for several seconds (or more) at a time, you're probably
using LCDproc V0.3.x. It had a feature that would turn off the
backlight when the system load was "low enough" and turn the light back
on when the computer is active. It also flashes the backlight when the
load gets "too high". To change this, edit your Makefile and
recompile. The options for this are close to the top of the Makefile.
To keep the light on all the time, set the threshold to 0.0 (or even
-1!), instead of the default 0.05.

:)

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~ Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

mailto:scriven AT CS.ColoState.edu

(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |