[lcdproc] Non-matrix Orbital display

  • From: Mark AT HVWTech.com (Mark Hillier)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Non-matrix Orbital display
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 09:24:18 -0700

Er.... that's http://www.hvwtech.com :-)

> They also carry an lcd kit, for about $30 Cdn. For comparison, The Matrix
> Orbital 2x20 display is $100 Cdn. I thought to myself that I was
> interested. It isn't backlit, and uses a different protocal, but what the
> heck, eh?

Lets see. $100 - $30 = $70

If your time is only worth $10/hr (I expect that it's worth
considerably more), then after only 7 hours of screwing around,
you'll be even (dollar-wise) and have something that's not nearly as
nice.

The Econo LCD kit you are referring to was something we threw
together for students to debug code on embedded controllers -
cheap, down-and-dirty.

Matrix put together Drive Bay Kits becuse they save people time
(and therefore money) and look nice in your $$$ computer. I admire
your DIY spirit, but sometimes it's just not worth it.

Just my $0.02.

Mark Hillier
President, HVW Technologies
Mark AT HVWTech.com