[lcdproc] Matrix Orbital 4x40 Display?

  • From: Mark AT HVWTech.com (Mark Hillier)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Matrix Orbital 4x40 Display?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:41:54 -0700

> I was perusing Matrix Orbital's site trying to find some place besides
> Linux Central to buy an LCD display, and I noticed a 4x40 LCD display
> there.. Does anyone have experience with this with lcdproc? I know it's
> too big for a drive bay (about 7" long, i believe) but it would be
> perfect for the car-based mp3 player that I'm working on. Any ideas
> about this one would be great.. Thanks. :)

All the Matrix Orbital LCDs are available to individuals from HVW
Technologies (http://www.hvwtech.com).

All the Matrix displays share the same interface and basic
command set. I suspect that the only issue would be re-formatting
the text to take advantage to the 40 character width.

Note that the Drive bay kits come with displays that have the wide
voltage option. If you want to use something other than 5V, you'll
need to oder this option.

Enjoy,

Mark Hillier
President, HVW Technologies