[lcdproc] 0.4Pre3 Segmentation Faults ??

  • From: scriven AT CS.colostate.edu (Scott Scriven)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] 0.4Pre3 Segmentation Faults ??
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:26:48 -0700

dosowski0474 AT vax2.winona.msus.edu
wrote:
> > Wow, I just realized that when I specify the device, it
> > complains about the parameters, but it doesn't segfault, and
> > now appears to be running healthily. This leads me to
> > believe that, by default, it is using the wrong device
> > (which causes the segfault), and when the correct device is
> > specified, that device is used even though it complains that
> > the parameters are invalid.
> >
> > Boy, I am confused. Does anyone have any
> > suggestions/ideas/insights on all this?
>
> There is something weird about it. Try doing 'LCDd -d MtxOrb .'
> I think I remember reading about that somewhere, but can't seem to find it
> now.

Yes, in v0.4-pre3, the drivers began to accept parameters. Unfortunately,
those parameters were required, even if it was just a ".". It's fixed now,
though. :)

Now it'll figure out what you mean.

As for specifying the device and getting errors, you tried...

LCDd -d MtxOrb "dev /dev/lcd"

Try this instead:

LCDd -d MtxOrb "-d /dev/lcd"

Or...

LCDd --driver MtxOrb "--device /dev/lcd"

William is getting the documentation for this written.. :)

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~ Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

mailto:scriven AT CS.ColoState.edu

(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |