[lcdproc] LCDProc for MtxOrb 20x2 Displays

  • From: bruhacs AT inm.de (Lorand Bruhacs)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCDProc for MtxOrb 20x2 Displays
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:08:41 +0100

Ethan wrote:

> Please make sure to use the 0.3.4.4 code. I added support for the
> PIC-an-LCD
> display driver chip once; I'd rather not have to adapt my code twice. You
> won't even know it's there unless you invoke lcdproc with a -lPICanLCD arg.

Thanks for pointing out the new release to me. I thought I had
downloaded the newest release from the LCDProc site, but their link
erroneously points to the 0.3.4 release!
Not that it really matters much though, because I'm not really adding a
new driver - I actually need to rewrite the display modes. This means
losing compatibility with the 20x4 thread. Besides rewriting old 20x4
modes, I need to create several new ones. It would be a pain to
reintegrate them with the 20x4 thread.

- Lorand