[lcdproc] LCDProc for MtxOrb 20x2 Displays

  • From: bruhacs AT inm.de (Lorand Bruhacs)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCDProc for MtxOrb 20x2 Displays
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:40:24 +0100

Hello all you LCDProc users out there!

LCDProc is cool. So cool that the company I contract for has a desperate
need for a port to Matrix Orbital 20x2 displays. The reason for this is
that the 20x2's fit into one drive bay, saving space on servers.

I thought porting the code myself would be a better idea than begging,
so I started rewriting the v0.3.4 code to the smaller display today.
LCDProc still looks cool even on the 20x2.

However, I'm not done yet ... it would be neat if someone could give me
some tips on how to design multi-screen modes, instead of writing new
modes for each screen. This works, but is messy and breaks stuff in
main.c, meaning I can't pass in mode options on the command line
anymore. The coolest thing would be if I could keep the standard modes
(maybe add some new ones), but have the modes display several screens.

Thanks,

- Lorand