[lcdproc] Dead list ?

  • From: jdw AT fatman.freeamp.org (Jason Dale Woodward)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Dead list ?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:24:15 -0800

FreeAmp has a pretty flexible UserInterface architecture (where UI is
'way of telling Player to do something).

I've written the X11 UI, the cmdline UI, the LCD UI (which uses the
server based LCDproc, or it takes control of the LCD if you switch a
#define) and the IRman UI.

You can use any or all or some at the same time (like, I usually do
freeamp -ui freeamp -ui lcd -ui irman ~/mp3s/* which starts up the X11
(default UI) as the primary UI, plus the LCD and the IRman UIs as
secondaries.

So, I can sit on the couch with my remote controlling whats playing,
and get feedback from the LCD. Or, I can mosey on over to the
computer and control it with the GUI.

jason