[lcdproc] FreeBSD port

  • From: scriven AT CS.colostate.edu (Scott Scriven)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] FreeBSD port
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 12:22:16 -0700

Sune Stjerneby wrote:
> What's happening with the FreeBSD port of lcdproc? Last time I tried,
> the server compiled more or less under a 4.0-CURRENT system, but most
> clients still depend on the Linux-extensions to /proc.

Yes, we're going to make the status-gathering work on more unixes. Linux's
/proc is nice, but not at all portable. So, support for other unixes will
come as we learn how to extract stats from the other systems.

> Is it going to be released as a set of patches for e.g.
> /usr/ports/sysutils/lcdproc/ or as a part of the distribution?

I have no idea how (or if) it'll be included in distributions. For BSD, it
probably won't be; at least not until it fully supports BSD...

Excuse me if I sound incoherent today.. I am. :)

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~ Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

mailto:scriven AT CS.ColoState.edu

(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |