[lcdproc] Re: Backlight

  • From: scriven AT CS.ColoState.EDU (ToyKeeper)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Re: Backlight
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 11:14:27 -0600

Dale Osowski wrote:
> This recent talk about the backlight made me start thinking. (That
> could be dangerous. :-)

I'm not sure what the ideal solution is, but I can tell you what v0.4
will do:

The user can specify when the backlight turns on and off. So, running
our lcd client with "lcdclient -backlight off" would do the trick. You
could have cron do this every night and morning. :)

The backlight will probably have several "modes", such as "on", "off",
"load", "user idle", and so on. This should keep things flexible enough
to work for almost everyone.

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~ Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

mailto:scriven AT CS.ColoState.edu

(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |