[lcdproc] Backlight

  • From: jde AT binarts.com (Joel D. Elkins)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Backlight
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 17:28:41 -0500

I think w just reads utmp. That interface would be real easy to code, but then
do you want the lcd to turn on just because someone's telnetted to your box?

Maybe there's some way to hook in to X or the vc driver to tell if the screen
has been blanked. Or possibly use similar techniques, such as counting
keyboard and mouse interrupts from /proc/interrupts

--jde